Three COVID vaccination sites in Lambeth opened their doors with no appointment needed last week – providing much needed protection to the local community.
The clinics covered the areas of Brixton, Kennington Oval and Streatham
Over 520 people were vaccinated in Lambeth at these clinics last week. Both the Montgomery Hall and Baldry Gardens clinics were open for two days and Brixton Library hosted a ‘pop up’ clinic at the weekend which vaccinated over 188 people in just 4 hours.
A huge appreciation goes to the local GPs and healthcare workers who ran the clinics and continue to protect the local community. The Brixton library clinic benefited from Team Lambeth volunteers who supported on the day to raise awareness of the clinic locally.
More opportunities to get the vaccine this week
If you are eligible you can walk-in to some of our local ‘pop-up’ clinics – new dates are being added regularly so check https://selondonccg.nhs.uk/ for updates of when and where these clinic take place. Planned clinics this week include:
- At Montgomery Hall on (Walk-in, no appointment needed) Wednesday 28 April and Saturday 1 May from 10am – 1pm and 2pm – 5pm
- At Baldry Gardens on (Walk-in, no appointment needed) Wednesday 28 April and Thursday 29 April from 10am – 1 pm and 2pm – 5pm
- At KN centre (Stockwell Mosque)(Walk-in, no appointment needed) on Saturday 1 May from 1pm– 5pm
- At Streatham Place Surgery (Walk-in, no appointment needed, a booked clinic is also running at this time) every Wednesday 9am – 12pm and 1pm – 4.45pm
No appointment is needed and if you don’t have a GP, our NHS staff can help you register so you can get your vaccine.
Other ways to book a COVID vaccine
- At selected pharmacies or vaccination centres across London through the national booking system, (www.nhs.uk/covid-vaccination or call 119)
- Make an appointment at a Lambeth GP vaccination site. Please check which site covers your GP practice and contact the site to book –see Lambeth COVID-19 vaccine advertorial for vaccine sites and contact details
To find out more about the COVID-19 vaccination programme in Lambeth see our COVID-19 Vaccinations page and for more information about the programme in south east London, please visit www.selondonccg.nhs.uk