To ensure we can improve health in Lambeth as a partnership we commit to working with our local communities. We will:
- Communicate and engage with our patients and residents using a range of methods, ensuring information is accessible and easy to understand; and listen to patients, residents and community voices, ensuring those voices actively influence improvement
- Work collaboratively to reduce health inequalities and support healthy neighbourhoods, recognising and supporting our assets in the community including residents, carers, grassroots organisations, volunteers, voluntary and community sector (VCS) organisations and community groups
- Have ‘anchor institutions’ that serve the wellbeing of our population by strategically and intentionally managing their resources to help address local social, economic, and environmental priorities to reduce health inequalities
Working alongside residents, grassroots organisations and the voluntary and community sector is key to supporting Lambeth people to maintain and improve their health and sense of wellbeing.
Lambeth Together supports community activity throughout the borough, with a focus on health and wellbeing. This happens in lots of different ways – from community outreach and organising health days, to providing information or matching volunteers with local activity and groups.
Find out more about…
- Events, activities, groups and networks in your Lambeth neighbourhood – go to the Thriving Lambeth website or visit Lambeth Council’s community groups and projects webpages
- Volunteering to improve your neighbourhood, by joining ‘Team Lambeth’ or another volunteer scheme or by setting up activities such as play streets and neighbourhood events – go to the Lambeth Council website or visit Thriving Lambeth
- Team Lambeth – brokering support to help volunteers and providers find their perfect match
- Lambeth Together’s health and wellbeing bus – taking health and wellbeing information and support into the heart of communities
- Lambeth Larder – connecting people in financial need to emergency food and other services like advice, debt and mental health support
- How to use your voice to improve health and care in Lambeth – go to Get involved – Lambeth Together webpage