Our priority areas of focus are:
- high blood pressure – preventing people from developing high blood pressure and supporting them to keep high blood pressure down to safer levels
- obesity – supporting people to manage their weight to healthy levels
- smoking – supporting people to quit
- alcohol use – supporting healthier drinking habits
- mental health – common mental health conditions such as anxiety or depression
- vaccination – making sure that people are immunised against vaccine preventable diseases
We want to continuously improve how we address health inequalities in the borough. We also need better information and data on who’s most likely to need support so we can offer it in a consistent and timely way. That’s why, for our priority areas, we’re:
- developing new ways to find people at risk of developing long-term health conditions – so we can offer more support from stop smoking, weight management or other services they might need.
- working with services and communities to help us relate to more people in culturally sensitive way – so they can get the support they need with their health and care.
- setting up a new weight management service, with improved links into communities with the highest need.
- increasing the number of hospital outpatients who receive support from pharmacy stop smoking services.
- offering more smokers with long-term conditions support to quit, at least every 12 months.
- increasing the number of people completing a DrinkCoach survey – so that people flagged as having a ‘possible dependence’ can be offered information and support.
- working with the Children and Young People’s Alliance and Neighbourhood and Wellbeing Delivery Alliance to increase childhood immunisations and uptake of Covid-19, flu and pneumonia vaccines for eligible adults.
- supporting the work of the Neighbourhood and Wellbeing Delivery Alliance to increase the uptake of NHS Health Checks for people at highest risk of long-term health conditions.
Find out more
Read about the Neighbourhood and Wellbeing Delivery Alliance (NWDA)’s work in reducing hypertension and find out how to monitor your own.
Make better food choices for healthier living and get information on weight management support in Lambeth.
Use this guide to find information and support locally to help you stop smoking.
Discuss options for treatment and ongoing support. This is a free, confidential service to all Lambeth residents aged 18 years and over.
The Living Well Network Alliance supports people in Lambeth who are experiencing mental illness or distress. Read about what they do and get support.
Vaccines are the most effective way to prevent infectious diseases. Understand the vaccines offered in the UK and when to have them.