Di has been a Lambeth resident and GP for over thirty years.
Her current roles include:
- Co Chair of Lambeth Together Care Partnership Board
- Clinical Lead for the Neighbourhood & Wellbeing Delivery Alliance
- Clinical and Care Professional Lead for Chronic Pain, Population Health and Inequalities, and Quality and Safety
- Co-chair of Lambeth Together Equality, Diversity and Inclusion working group
- Chair of Lambeth Together Medicines & Clinical Pathways Group
Di’s life experience brings a unique perspective to healthcare leadership. As a former carer, Di has a particular interest in the needs of carers in the borough. She is passionate about diversity and inclusion issues and improving health, and is committed to developing system-wide responses to reduce inequalities that impact on people’s health and wellbeing.
Di has been involved in quality improvement throughout her career. She was Medical Director at Lambeth Primary Care Trust. And at national level, she was a member of the Independent Review of the Mental Health Act working group, shaping modern mental health services and recommending how to address disparities in how the Act affects people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds. At London level, she represents South East London Integrated Care System at the Health Equity Delivery Board with other colleagues.
Di is a Stakeholder Governor at King’s College Hospital.
Her clinical interests include hypertension (high blood pressure), mental health and the mind and body interface. She also has an interest in complex multiple long term conditions including chronic pain, and in making sure that medicines are both clinically effective and cost effective.